You would never dream of skipping an oil change for your car or truck, right? So why would you skip a tune-up for your boiler? In fact, minute by minute, your boiler run far more than your car ever. The harder it works, the more likely it is to break down at some point, probably when you need it the most. It goes without saying that being without heat at midnight in the middle of the winter is hardly a fun prospect. The best way to prevent an unwanted downtime is to schedule an annual boiler tune-up.
We have a team of professional HVAC technicians who have the skills to ensure your boiler always runs at the otpimum performance. Below is a list of items that are inspected, replaced, or cleaned in the course of a boiler tune-up.
Our maintenance procedures for oil fired heating equipment are as follows:
• Vacuum heat exchanger/fire chamber.
• Clean flue pipe.
• Clean chimney base.
• Cement flue pipe the chimney.
• Replace nozzle.
• Replace / clean fuel pump strainer.
• Replace oil filter.
• Check / clean burner fan.
• Inspect/drain expansion tank.
• Inspect / test relief valve.
• Inspect/test all operating safety controls.
• Perform complete efficiency test.
• Check system operation.
• Inspect all components for corrosion or leaks.